- Puns aside, this is a comprehensive list of unique and creative orange cat names.
- Includes different categories of names such as food, nature, and pop culture for orange boy and girl cats.
- Offers descriptions and meanings behind some of the most popular orange cat names.
If you’re the proud owner of a new orange kitten, congratulations! Orange cats are often known for their friendly personalities and charming looks. But before you can enjoy your new furry friend, you’ll need to give them a name. Choosing a name for your orange cat can be both fun and challenging.
In this article, we’ll explore some of the best orange cat names, including popular and unique options, as well as provide some tips for coming up with creative names for your feline friend.
Boy orange cat names
- Blaze – a name that suggests a fiery orange color.
- Butternut – after the squash with a similar color to the cat’s fur
- Butterscotch – a nod to the sweet orange color of many cats.
- Carrot – a nod to the bright orange vegetable.
- Casper – This name means “treasurer” and has a fun, playful ring to it.
- Cheddar – a nod to the bright orange color of cheddar cheese.
- Cheeto – A fun and playful name for your orange kitty, inspired by the popular snack food.
- Cheshire – The mischievous and mysterious cat from the Lewis Carroll novel “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland”.
- Cinnabar – This name comes from the mineral of the same name, which is often orange
- Clement – a short and sweet name inspired by the clementine fruit.
- Cooper – meaning “barrel maker,” which could be fitting for a chubby orange cat
- Copper – Another name inspired by a metal, “Copper” has a strong, masculine sound to it.
- Copperfield – This name combines the color of copper with the last name of famous magician David Copperfield, making it a playful and fun choice for an orange male cat.
- Ember – A fiery and energetic name that’s perfect for an orange cat with a lot of personality.
- Fanta – after the popular orange soda, perfect for a spunky and energetic cat.
- Finn – meaning “fair”
- Firecracker – This name is inspired by the fiery color of orange cats and their often playful personalities.
- Flame – A fiery and energetic name for an orange cat with a lot of personality.
- Garfield – This name is inspired by the beloved cartoon cat known for his orange fur and love of lasagna. It’s a fun, lighthearted choice for a male cat.
- Garfunkel – A quirky and fun name inspired by the musician Art Garfunkel and his signature curly orange hair.
- Ginger – a classic name for an orange cat with a nod to the color
- Hobbes – The lovable tiger from the comic strip “Calvin and Hobbes”.
- Jasper – A sophisticated, timeless name that sounds great on any cat, but especially one with orange coloring.
- Julius – Inspired by the popular orange drink, this name is perfect for an orange cat with a sweet disposition.
- Mango – A playful and fun name that is inspired by the juicy, orange fruit.
- Nemo – The brave and adventurous clownfish from the Pixar movie “Finding Nemo”.
- Oliver – The lovable orange cat from the Disney movie “Oliver and Company”.
- Orange Julius – A popular chain of smoothie stands that’s perfect for an orange cat with a sweet tooth.
- Paprika – a spice with an orange
- Phoenix Rising – A powerful and fiery name that’s perfect for a cat with a strong personality.
- Pippin – A cute and playful name for an orange cat with a sweet disposition.
- Pumpkin – a classic Halloween
- Pumpkin Pie – This name combines the color of pumpkins with the classic Thanksgiving dessert, making it a fun and playful choice for an orange female cat.
- Rajah – The fierce and loyal tiger from the Disney movie “Aladdin”.
- Redd – a playful spelling of the word “red,” fitting for an orange cat.
- Rustin – A shorter version of Rusty that still incorporates the cat’s orange color.
- Rustle – A fun and playful name that references the rustling sound that orange leaves make in the fall.
- Ruston – This name plays off the word “rust” while also sounding like a human name, making it a fun choice for an orange kitty.
- Rusty – a classic name for an orange cat
- Rusty Blaze – Combines two popular names for orange cats in a unique way.
- Rusty Nail – A fun and unique name that references both the color of your cat’s fur and a classic cocktail.
- Sherbet – a dessert with a bright orange color.
- Simba – after the famous lion in “The Lion King”
- Simmer – This name is a play on the words “simmer” and “ginger,” making it a unique and fun option for an orange male cat.
- Tang – a playful name inspired by the orange
- Tango – a lively dance that is often associated with bright colors, including shades of orange
- Tiger – A classic name for a cat with stripes, inspired by the big cats of the wild.
- Tiger Eye – A strong and powerful name that references the cat’s tiger
- Tigger – after the bouncy, energetic character from Winnie the Pooh
- Weasley – A fun and quirky name inspired by the Hairy Potter
- Whisker – A playful and whimsical name that’s perfect for a mischievous kitty.
Girl orange cat names
- Amber – A beautiful and classic name that references the color of your cat’s fur.
- Amberly – This name is a play on the name Amber and has a fun, playful sound to it.
- Apricat – A playful name that combines the cat’s color with the fruit it resembles.
- Apricot – a fruit with a similar color to orange cats.
- Autumn – A beautiful name that references the season’s warm colors, including orange.
- Cinnamon – a spice with an orange
- Clementine – A sweet and classic name that references the fruit’s bright orange color.
- Coral – This name is inspired by the beautiful, vibrant colors of coral reefs and would make a lovely choice for an orange female cat.
- Fawna – A name that is inspired by the orange
- Fawny – A cute name that references the cat’s soft and warm color.
- Ginger Ale – This name is inspired by the ginger root and its bright orange color, making it a fun and unique choice for an orange female cat.
- Ginger Snap – A fun and playful name that incorporates the cat’s color.
- Gingerbread – a nod to both the cat’s color and the popular holiday treat
- Golda – This name is a variation of Goldie and is perfect for an orange female cat with a golden personality.
- Goldie – A classic name that references the beautiful color of your cat’s fur.
- Goldie Locks – A clever play on words that nods to the cat’s golden fur.
- Henna – A unique and beautiful name that references the orange dye made from the henna plant.
- Honey – after the sweet and golden substance made by bees
- Honey Bee – A cute and affectionate name that references the cat’s sweet personality and orange color.
- Koi – Inspired by the orange and white pattern of the Koi fish, this name is fitting for a cat with a similar coloring.
- Mandarin – a nod to the bright and citrusy mandarin orange.
- Mango Tango – This name is inspired by the bright orange color of mangos and the playful, upbeat dance style, making it a fun and energetic choice for an orange female cat.
- Marigold – A beautiful flower that’s also the perfect name for an orange cat.
- Marmalade – A name inspired by the sweet spread often made with oranges. It’s a fun, lighthearted choice.
- Marmalade Jr. – A cute name that pays homage to the classic orange cat name “Marmalade.”
- Nala – after the lioness in “The Lion King”
- Nectar – A beautiful name that references the sweet and fragrant liquid found in flowers.
- Nectarine – after the fruit with a similar color to the cat’s fur
- Papaya – after the tropical fruit with an orange hue
- Peach – a cute and simple name that references the cat’s color
- Peaches – after the sweet, juicy fruit
- Penny – a nod to the shiny and coppery color of a penny.
- Persimmon – A bright and colorful fruit that’s perfect for a confident and bold cat.
- Phoenix – a mythological bird that is often depicted in shades of orange and red
- Poppy – A bright and cheerful flower that matches the vibrant color of an orange cat.
- Poppyseed – This name is inspired by the bright orange color of poppy flowers and their small, playful nature.
- Pumpkin Spice – a fun play on the popular fall flavor and the cat’s color
- Red – A simple and classic name that references the color of your cat’s fur.
- Saffron – A beautiful spice that’s also the perfect name for a sweet orange kitty.
- Saffrona – A beautiful name that references the expensive spice’s warm orange hue.
- Salem – The sassy and sarcastic black cat from the TV show “Sabrina the Teenage Witch”.
- Sunkist – a nod to the orange citrus brand, perfect for a bright and sunny cat.
- Sunny – A bright and cheerful name that’s perfect for an orange cat with a sunny disposition.
- Sunset – a beautiful and peaceful name inspired by the warm colors of a sunset.
- Tangerina – A playful and unique name that references the cat’s citrusy color.
- Tangerine – a bright and tangy name, perfect for a cat with a zesty personality.
- Topaz – a precious gemstone that can come in shades of orange
- Zinnia – a type of flower that comes in a variety of colors, including shades of orange.
Naming your orange cat can be a fun and creative process. Whether you choose a name related to their color, personality, or something completely unique, the most important thing is to choose a name that you love and that fits your cat’s unique personality. Happy naming!
Frequently asked questions
What if I can’t think of a name for my orange cat?
Don’t worry, naming a cat can be a daunting task. Try brainstorming names that match your cat’s personality, or choose a name based on their physical traits or interests.
Can I name my orange cat after a famous orange celebrity?
Absolutely! There are plenty of famous orange celebrities to choose from, including Garfield the Cat, and even the orange Teletubby, Po.
Is it important to choose a unique name for my orange cat?
A: It’s not necessary to choose a unique name, but it can be fun to give your cat a name that is different. It could help your cat go down in hiss-tory as the coolest cat ever!